My trainee graduated ! Hola Big Data!

Jun 15, 2015

My trainee graduated ! Hola Big Data!



Today was a very happy day, for me and for many people in my professional circle.












It was the presentation day of a fellow Statistician, who presented a project I have worked on with her for the past four months, this time I was on the enterprise side of the project.






Seeing a project evolves and the learning curve of a trainee evolves as well was a great experience.
I have learnt a lot about myself during the past four months. Benefiting from almost 5 years as a founder and manager of a youth NGO gave me this sense of knowing how to manage and motivate people, and also how to push them to their limits.

But this time, I was me the one pushed to his limits. The future of this students relied on my hands and I was responsible for every step of the way. I had to validate and check everything added to the project. And I had to work very closely on details that made the advancement of the work impossible if I hadn't intervened.



The aim of the project was to optimize a predictive model by implementing it on a big data architecture.
 And boy it was a challenge !
Having little hands-on experience at the time with big data structures and architectures, taking on this project was ( as always ) a challenge I wouldn't refuse!


The results were excellent at the end of the project, I am fully satisfied with the outcome of th work presented by my trainee Ines.
I wish her a successful career and I really hope that she have learnt some useful things during her internship


I have gldadly participated in her presentation with the 'jury', defending decisions we made as a team from the start and giving a back-up for our work. The outcome was great and she graduated with honors :)

I will soon enough post something about big data and the stuff I do with Hadoop, Hive, and lately with Spark.

stay tuned!