Economical Analysis course: Overview- first weeks requirements

Jan 20, 2016

Economical Analysis course: Overview- first weeks requirements


Following the Statistical Analysis Software course I gave in the first semester of this year, I have started giving a couple of classes to freshman and sophomore statisticians .



















The first course is a statistical workshop during the second semester that will be focused on economical and statistical analysis of the Tunisian Economy.







I will use my website to give the cours syllabus and share related course material .
For the first week, I have asked the students to:

Install:


R, RStudio
Python Anaconda 
Miktex

for the installation part, I will not check anything. I listed the tools you'll need to work on. But you'll need these softwares installed to do the homework eventually .

Prepare presentations about the following concepts:


Economy

(The economy explained in simple terms, and Key Economic Indicators)

Economic agents

(The different economic agents that interact in an economy)

Financial Markets

(History, Concepts,types, and how it works)

 Primary and Secondary markets 

(The difference and how they work)

Stock markets, commodity markets,Derivatives

(Different types of markets trading in the modern world)

The process of Initial Public offering 

(Or how a company become traded in a financial market)


Presentations should have  at least 12 slides. We will work with groupes of 3 people this time, so we have a subject for each group.

We will have a discussion about these 2 videos, I expect you to watch them and do some research about the topics as well.






I will be waiting for a list of the students and the subjects they will work on .