Economic Analysis of the Tunisian Economy: Weekly update and course requirement

Feb 22, 2016

Economic Analysis of the Tunisian Economy: Weekly update and course requirement


As I have mentioned before, I have started giving a workshop at the Higher School of Statistics and Data Analysis; The subject is the economic and statistical analysis of the Tunisian Economy.
I share here this week's requirements.





Hello Team,


I hope you are getting excited to start working with the Data!

Starting from this week, we will not have the usual presentations, as this methods seems to be a time-waster. I will look at each group's work individually and have a workshop-methodology in reviewing your work each week. (this does not mean that you are not required to present your work! I expect the same quality and format of presentations each week, and you all have to be present at the class and work on your data  and show me the problems you have if there are any)

I'd like to informe you that ever since we started, each session in class was/will be graded based on your presence, your participation and the overall quality of the work your team is delivering.

This said, I look forward to seeing you all actively participate in your group's team-work.
I will discuss with you next Saturday how you are being graded. So all of you should be present! 

I want to remind you that you are a 6-persons team, so the quantity of the work required each week is in-sink with the humain ressources available in each team.   

Bellow is the required tasks to be accomplished for this week, you are free to split these tasks between your team members as you please.

Course Date : 27-02-2016
Finalise the Data source list
Download the Data
Present the Data
Make some descriptive Graphs
Make a project planning proposal using the Gantt project software

The GANTT PROJECT I told you about is here :

For those wanting to make graphics with R:
http://www.cookbook-r.com/Graphs/

For those wanting to make  graphics with python:

for those wanting to IMPRESS me with interactive graphics in Javascript :

I will take into consideration the effort put in the collection, structuring and ordering of your data sources, the proposal of the project planning you will make, the graphics you will present and finally the presentation you will do.

PLEASE, DO NOT HESITATE to email me if you are stuck on something!

See you Saturday!