It has been over a year...

Sep 16, 2019

It has been over a year...


Or more, i guess



I decided to take a break from social media, blogging, sharing and interacting with online communities ( not a full break, because I did some stuff here and there...)

And it was for an actual good reason.




I have taken this decision because I wanted to focus on more important things. Not that blogging is less important. Indeed it is one of the few things that allow me to think about other things than what I do at work everyday.

However, it is not always possible to find time to write, and I am not the kind of people to write about everything and anything. I'd rather not publish anything, than publishing weekly crap with no added value, copying and pasting stuff you've already seen somewhere else.


This break was a true break for me to think, organize my personal road-map and objectives and build a clear vision of what may come.

I have been successfully working on new things . I've managed to do a career transition from one field to new one over the past year. And finally I have been attending more meetups and conference, building more significant network and learning a lot.... really A LOT!



This was just a quick update. I am planning to finish a couple of drafts I wrote last year and never got around to publishing it. Mostly the loyalty series and some drafts about technical stuff.


In the mean time, you can check out my GitHub ( I have added a follow button at the left side-bar ), because I actually pushed some stuff over there. As you all know, most of what I work on ( almost 99,99% ) of it is proprietary  and confidential work . I can not talk about it, I can not write about it or share it in details.


This is a choice you will have to make at some point of your career: Either you work on standard/regular stuff. In that case you are just re-using stuff other people built. Or you can choose to work on a state-of-the-art project, with algorithms that are not published yet (never will be) and take on challenges that stimulate your inner brain and makes you learnt complex stuff and advance technically.

I made my choice. I am working currently on some of the most interesting challenges I faced. Always in my preferred space: the mass-market, consumer behavior, marketing and optimization (This is the most detailed description I could give at the moment)




Finally, I am wishing that I will continue on writing stuff. My old articles still get traction, even after years of publishing them. This is very nice!

My thesis is still interesting to researchers and students all around the world ( I get people from Pakistan, India, France, Germany, the US, Turkey...etc) Who are still downloading the PDF from Academia.com and still sending my email to ask about some theoretical aspects.



Let's pick up where we left off.... Let this be a NEW beginning !